After its media launch last September 2016 and a series of Campus Caravans, Pioneer Insurance and FILSCAP Songwriting Contest gathered all ten finalists as they showcased their songs in live audience at Hard Rock Café in Glorietta 4, Makati.
The song entries/song writers with their respective campuses are the following:
1. “Aking Mundo” by Benjamin Quijano of University of the Philippines Los Baños
2. “Alive” by Kenneth Roquid of University of the Philippines Diliman
3. “Chronosphere” by CK Sabillo of University of Santo Tomas
4. “From Now On” by Julien Cloma of STI College Novaliches
5. “Hand in Hand” by Julia Dichoso of Sorsogon State College
6. “Invincible” by Yosef Escoto of San Beda College Alabang
7. “Make It Through” by Luigi Balazo of University of San Carlos
8. “Martsa ni Martha” by Marie Maureen Salvaleon of Southwestern University PHINMA
9. “The Biggest Leap” by Marie Bernadette Tayag of De La Salle University Manila
10. “Time” by Patricia Monsod of University of the Philippines Diliman
These entries was selected and given task to made their own videos and upload it at YouTube so they can market their work instantly and get much attention they need. In the past, there are already struggling songwriters that made it big by uploading their songs at this medium.
Now, it’s the awarding night and we are back again in Hard Rock Café Makati where it was launched last year or just a few months ago. After their performances, I was able to see how impressive they were with their songs. They were indeed independent since it was their own entry.
I can vouch for these entries but since this is still a competition, there can be only one winner. Yosef Escoto won this competition with his song “Invincible” that really captured the audience not just during the event but even online. This competition is not the end of it. Who knows, maybe this ten talented young people will work for a recording artist soon.
Pioneer Insurance started this competition in collaboration with FILSCAP which is an organization of songwriters led by their current president Rico Blanco who is a known recording artist and songwriter himself.
Pioneer Insurance continues to promote new talents in all mediums. Each year, the Campus Caravan takes a new medium. Last year, it was a short play. Let’s see what Pioneer Insurance has in store for us in next year’s Campus Caravan.