Release Material for Universal Records
Universal Records first partnered with the Philippine Popular Music Festival (PhilPop) for the production of the festival’s 2013 commemorative album. The partnership proved to be a beautiful one as it yielded hits like Dati (performed by Sam Concepcion, Tippy Dos Santos and Quest), Sayo Na Lang Ako (Karylle), Araw, Ulap, Langit (Christian Bautista), Sana Pinatay Mo Na Lang Ako (Kimpoy Feliciano), Segundo (Yael Yuzon), among others.
This year, PhilPop and Universal Records team-up again in the production of the new commemorative album, which features some of the most respected and promising recording artists in the country.
1) QRUSH ON YOU: song written by Q-York/ interpreted by Jayr , Elmo Magalona and Q-York
2) TORPE: song written by Daryl Ong/ interpreted by Kris Lawrence
3) BABALIKAN MO RIN AKO: written by Soc Villanueva/ interpreted by Nikki Gil
4) AWIT MO'Y NANDITO PA: written by Toto Sorioso/ interpreted by Aldrich Lloyd Talonding & James Walter Bucong.
5) THE ONLY ONE: written by Popsie Saturno-San Pedro/ interpreted by Thor Dulay.
6) HANGOUT LANG: written by Allan Feliciano and Isaac Joseph P. Garcia/ performed by Duncan Ramos and Young JV.
7) NO GIRLFRIEND SINCE BREAK (NGSB): written by Davey Ryan Edward Langit/ interpreted by Luigi D' Avola
8) SONG ON A BROKEN STRING- written by Jude Gitamondoc and Therese Marie Villarante/ interpreted by Nicole Laurel Asensio.
9) KUNG AKIN ANG LANGIT: written by Chi Datu-Bocobo and Isaac Garcia/ interpreted by Clara Benin and Mcoy Fundales
10) DEAR HEART: written by Mike Villegas/ interpreted by Kiana Valenciano
11) SALBABIDA: written by Jungee Marcelo/ interpreted by Kyla
12) LANGIT UMAAWIT- written by Toto Sorioso/ interpreted by Tom Rodriguez.
“This year's finalists constitute a heady brew of the most varied of genres: dance, rock, R&B, a couple of ballades, some pop and a genre-defying song in multi meter. I am also happy and excited to hear established singers shoulder to shoulder with new, up and coming performers. Only time will tell which songs will generate the most audience interest. Listen to the top 12 finalist of the Philpop 2014 and be the judge,” shared the foundation’s executive director Maestro Ryan Cayabyab.
One of the top 12 contenders will emerge as the 1-million peso grand prize winner which will be determined on July 26 at the Meralco Theater. The foundation’s Executive Director Maestro Ryan Cayabyab, Board of Directors Noel Cabangon and Ogie Alcasid are all praises for this year’s crop of finalists and are excited to share these Philpop hits with the world.